Replace Highway 19

Friday, February 12, 2016

Highway 19


Today, i've offically lived for about 6935 days. So, let's say 7000 days of being a human. Yes. It's my 19th birthday. And actually it doesn't really matter, not even to me.

As usual, i refuse to have cakes, sing happy birthday, throw a party, or any other bullshit. Honestly, i only need best wishes. I really do. Cause i think that's what matters most to me. Cakes, singings, and parties are nothing but a waste of time, energy, and money.

Birthday is just a benchmark that you've reached a certain number of age. Celebrating a birthday by being grateful is a must. But doing some useless shit? I don't think it's necessary.

To me, life is such a highway. We were born to pass it. Sometimes you drive at full speed, and enjoy the adrenaline. Sometimes you crash and burn. The strong ones will recover and continue, the weak ones will surrender and get a shortcut by hanging themselves, cutting wrists, self-poisoning, or any other shortcuts.

I've been in a thin line between being the strong one and the weak one. At least, i've considered to get a shortcut. But luckily, i soon realized that i was born to be the strong one. I was meant to pass the highway. I might have crashed and burned, but there's a bright light ahead and i believe i can reach it and enjoy passing the highway.

Birthdays are just number on the highway signs, so you can know your progress. And the mystery is, you won't know at which number your highway ends. Well, this year, i've reached number 19. And i wish there are many numbers ahead and i could enjoy passing the highway with always being happy and healthy. And i have a specific wish for this birthday. I wish i could finish what i've started. Aamiin.

Wish me the best ones :)

Birthday present? Alhamdulillah, i've earned this :

Pretty good self-earned birthday present, isn't it? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment