Replace Too Old For Shit? Or Growing Up Too Soon?

Friday, August 7, 2015

Too Old For Shit? Or Growing Up Too Soon?

I've formed a punk rock band called 'Toilet Surfers' with my collegemates. So far, we've covered Social Distortion and Blink-182 (we're planning to cover some Alkaline Trio and Matt Skiba & The Sekrets songs too, btw).

We rehearsed last night and the studio's located far away from my house. So, i slept over at my friend's house.

His room was very 'punk rock'. Band posters all over the wall, Les Paul, stickers, stencils, and all the cool things were in his room.

I used to be a lover of those cool 'messed up' things. Until last year, i removed all my posters off my wall, disposed all the messy things, and cleaned up my room until it's neat. And i still don't know why i did that.

At that time, i suddenly felt very uncomfortable with those things. I used to think that those are cool. But then i changed for indescribable reason and started to think that those messed up things are not cool anymore.

I was playing his Les Paul while enjoying the room's atmosphere; Posters, stickers, and stencils of Social Distortion, Misfits, Rancid, and the other punk rock bands. I was quite amazed and enjoyed the atmosphere, but it's only for a while. It lasted only about 10 mins, and then i started to feeling uncomfortable.

"I can't live with those things anymore." I thought. My friend is a year older than me. But he still got his 'youth' passion. I had no idea. Maybe it's because of my old mental age. One time, I took an online mental age quiz and my result was 45. It sucks and to be honest it's quite embarassing.

I'd never thought "I'm too old for this shit." But since last year, i kinda started to think that. I'm only 18 and i'm asking this question to myself over and over again; "Am i too old for shit? Or am i growing up too soon?"

No comments:

Post a Comment