Replace When The Whole Universe Betrays You

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

When The Whole Universe Betrays You


If i had to answer the "who's your favorite author?" question, i'd say Dan Brown is the one. I've read all of his books multiple times. But in this case, i think i'd gotta say Paulo Coelho, altough i've only read "The Alchemist" and "The Winner Stands Alone" once.

Coelho has written so many books, but i think the best one is "The Alchemist" which has its most popular thought-provoking quote "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

The book talks about destiny, the way things happen for some reason. And the quote above does make people optimistic, which is actually very good.

I'm such a pessimist, and when i read "The Alchemist" for the first time, and got thought-provoked by the quote, somehow, it gave me power. So, i used to rely on that quote.

Theoritically, the quote is quiet right. If you're destined to achieve something you want, it feels like the whole world does some kind of teamwork to realize it. Everything feels so easy, no obstacles.

Practically, it isn't always work that way. The universe does conspire to help you achieving what you want, but it doesn't always occur in every condition.

I applied that 'theoritical' quote in real life, in order to realize my biggest desire. It made me very optimistic, and it made me less realistic as well.

I've sacrificed everything i had to achieve that desire because i was kinda over-optimistic. But i didn't consider the fact that i might fail, the fact that i wasn't destined to realize that desire.

The quote inspired and motivated me. But it failed to prove its validity. So, after all i've done, after all i've been through, i failed to realize my biggest desire. And it kinda drove me crazy.

The failure made me recall the quote. The universe conspires to help you achieving what you want. Who controls the universe? According to my religion, God does. I thought that if the universe doensn't conspire in helping me to achieve the big desire, then God doesn't exist. And that's the time when i considered to turn into an atheist, for the first time.

On my way in achieving the big desire, i totally dedicated myself to God. I prayed a lot. But when i lost the hope, i was dissapointed. Started with questioning the existance of God, being mad to God, and thinking that there's no such thing as God.

I spent a lot of my time googling about God's existance from another perspective; the atheism perspective. I found a research that shows the 'happiest' countries in the world based on happiness index are non-religious countries, which are dominated by atheists.

I might say that atheists don't blame anything when they fail. They are way sincerer to accept failures. So, they live with less pressure and regret. Therefore, they live happier than the religious ones.

But the atheism ideas didn't fully succeed to take over my thought. Eventough i was very interested in atheism, but i haven't officially declared that i turn into an atheist.

I found a better idea. I found an idea that God does exist. The only one who decide your destiny is God. If God wills you to achieve what you want, God will make the whole universe conspires to help you. But if God won't let you to achieve something (yet), God will make the whole universe conspires to make you fail.

The non-atheism idea is way more relevant, according to my experience. I did fail to realize my biggest desire, but it doesn't mean that God is not there. God is there. God just doesn't will me to achieve the desire. Or at least, not yet.

And everytime God doesn't will you to achieve something, the whole universe betrays you. And that's the time when you'd better throw your hope away and start a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment